ABSWeb October 2023
Maximum Proficiency: Little Moments of Mastery
Webinar date: October 10, 2023
Time: 1900 Central Time/0000Z October 11
About this Presentation
This presentation will help you gauge your current proficiency level and become even more capable and precise, by defining “little moments of mastery” to look for and evaluate on every flight. This program will cover:
- A quick GPS trick to check your situational awareness
- A technique to sharpen your instrument scan and aircraft control on every flight
- How to effectively reduce workload by using checklists in a single-pilot cockpit
- Hints for handoffs and other ATC communications
- What a “stabilized approach” really means in light aircraft
- Answers to viewer questions.
Although this American Bonanza Society program is oriented toward pilots of Beech airplanes, the discussion, techniques and procedures described are valuable to the pilot of any airplane.
Thomas P. Turner is Executive Director of the American Bonanza Society. An inductee in the Flight Instructor Hall of Fame, he has specialized in Beechcraft instruction for 33 years.
This ABSWeb presentation is funded by VRef and generous donations by the members of ABS.
Earn WINGS Credit
To earn FAA WINGS credit after viewing this course, click on the link to take the quiz. After successfully completing the quiz you will automatically be given credit by the FAA.
American Bonanza Society
The American Bonanza Society serves Beechcraft enthusiasts by sharing valuable safety, technical and educational resources, and by promoting interaction among and advocacy on behalf of its members.
ABS is the premier association for Bonanza, Baron, Debonair, and Travel Air enthusiasts, with more than 10,000 members who own, fly, or have a sincere interest in these Beechcraft models. Learn more at www.bonanza.org
During this presentation we’ll cover:
- Tricks for measuring and improving situational awareness
- Techniques for sharpening your skills on every flight
- Using checklists to reduce workload and improve safety
- Improving precision and safety on every landing
- Answers to viewer questions
The American Bonanza Society serves Beechcraft enthusiasts by sharing valuable safety, technical and educational resources, and by promoting interaction among and advocacy on behalf of its members. ABS is the premier association for Bonanza, Baron, Debonair, and Travel Air enthusiasts, with over 10,000 members who own, fly, or have a strong interest in these Beechcraft models.